Meet Heather Rittgers
I founded Whole Balanced Living because of my fight to regain health, wellness, and balance. My goal is to help you on the journey toward a whole balanced life.
I have had two hemorrhagic strokes (brain bleeds), leading to brainstem surgery. I was left with the usual stroke symptoms; weakness, loss of balance, and fatigue. I have spent the last 25 years focusing on the best way to thrive. I believe lifestyle is the main component.
Through lifestyle modifications I have gotten stronger, nearly eliminated debilitating migraines, lost and maintained weight loss effortlessly, improved my skin, lowered my blood pressure, cholesterol, improved my digestion and improved my energy levels dramatically!
I thought I was destined to be frail and sickly. Through lifestyle change I am thriving and feel as if I’m aging in reverse most days. I made it my purpose to help others do the same. I became a Personal Trainer, Nutrition and Wellness Consultant, got my certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from the Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell and more.
I am committed to lifelong learning and I can help guide you on the journey to better health. Between coaching and CHIP (the Complete Health Improvement Program) I have witnessed others achieve weight loss, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and reduce acid reflux and joint pain all while improving energy and well-being. I’ve also had the pleasure of making referrals to the proper health professionals, therapists, and other services. In response to this I have noticed friends, family members, and co-workers making positive changes due to my client’s success!
The approach I use is evidence-based, which focuses on the Lifestyle Medicine movement and Plant Based Nutrition. I take a whole-person approach to wellness that emphasizes the importance of the balance between:
• Intellectual and
With an emphasis on whole balanced living, you and I will work together to determine areas of improvement, in order to create equilibrium in all aspects of your life.
My goal is to educate, equip, and EMPOWER you. I will provide you with the information and resources you need to maintain and improve your health, wellness and balance.
• AFPA Certified Personal Trainer
• AFPA Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant
• AADP Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioner
• Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition, CNS and eCornell University
• Wellness Forum Health Certified Women’s Health Instructor
• Spencer Institute Certified Wellness Coach
• INL Diploma in Nutritional Leadership
• Vegetarian Institute Vegan Nutrition Certificate
• Lifestyle Medicine Institute CHIP-Complete Health Improvement Facilitator
• IDEA Health and Fitness Association – Member
• American Association of Drugless Practitioners – Member
• Medical Fitness Network – Member
• Lifestyle Medicine Institute – CHIP Facilitator
• American Heart Association – Circle of Red Member
• American Heart Association – Community Outreach Committee Member